Mr. Kim has extensive experience handling intellectual property and commercial matters in a wide variety of industries, including the oil and gas, chemical, renewable energy, medical device, lighting and software industries. Mr. Kim's practice has a particular emphasis on the preparation and prosecution of registerable intellectual property rights, intellectual property strategic planning, technology transactions and business transactions, representing a wide variety of clients from early-stage start-up companies to publicly-traded companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kim held in-house positions with BP, Battelle Memorial Institute, and most recently with the General Electric Company, where he was the Executive Intellectual Property Counsel of its (a) GE Lighting and (b) Current, powered by GE divisions.
Mr. Kim is licensed in Wisconsin, Illinois and the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- B.A. (Political Science), 1996, Swarthmore College
- Doctor of Laws, 2000, Loyola School of Law in New Orleans
- L.L.M. (Intellectual Property), 2001, The John Marshall Law School
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association